A radical new teaching method that will change the way you approach explorations of character, and transform how you discover stories.
Aileen’s extensive links to education have given her a fresh insight into teaching. The Gonsalves Method can be applied to teaching a range of subjects: Drama, English, History and Languages.
The Gonsalves Method will allow students and teachers to:
- Truly explore characters, whether historic or fictional from the inside out.
- Deeply examine their motivations, what is important to them and what are they fighting for.
- Debate why characters feel entitled to get what they want.
- Understand things from the character's viewpoint
- To do rigorous, imaginative script analysis that is detailed and effective.
- Creating immediate emotional engagement.
- Students connect their emotions and experiences directly to the character.
- Brings text to life in a new way.
- As a result the students become complicit in the character's decisions.
- Enabling them to “let it matter.”
Simple to apply, creating many opportunities for written work. Easily tied into any exam syllabus, particularly when unpicking and grappling with Shakespeare.
You will leave the course clearer and more confident at interacting with your material. You will also gain the added bonus of immediately being more connected to your students.